Saturday, April 4, 2009

Three Weeks Left

As of today, we have three weeks left here in Jacksonville. Time has flown by and I'm getting more and more excited about our adventure. My son-in-law asked me last night if I was nervous. My reply was, "No, just overwhelmed with what has to take place between now and April 25."

This morning as I was sitting at my desk, I looked up on my window (which faces east and the sun is so beautiful this morning), I saw a a couple of scriptures that I have written on Post-It Notes - one being: "So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own sufficient for each day in its own trouble" Matthew 6:34. This scripture reminds me not to worry, especially over things I have no control over - I have a hard time with that, a lot! How we're getting to Alaska is in God's hands, not ours and me worrying over it changes nothing, except more physical stress.

I keep several scriptures on that window so that I will read them each day. They are reminders of the Lord's goodness and love for me - that HE is in control of every aspect of my life. I know that God only wants good things for His children. I have to rest in that. Oh Lord, help me do that today.

Until next time...Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment