Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring

Spring has definitely sprung here in Jacksonville, my second favorite season. I love it when the weather is a bit crisp and the cloudless sky is such a beautiful color of blue. Breathing in the wonderful air, turning my face to the sun and feeling its warmth is so refreshing...and then for me, I began to sneeze uncontrollably (stupid pollen!).

Signs that spring is here are the beautiful azalea blooms, seeing and hearing bees buzzing around, and beautiful flowers popping up all over the place. When I was very young, we lived in northern Alabama, where daffodils grew wild in our yard. I vividly remember their distinct smell - so sweet - it just screamed spring to me. Once I spotted them blooming, I knew Easter was not too far away.

Today, when I walk by a pot of daffodils in a grocery store or super center I have very fond memories of my childhood. I'm not too sure that I will get to experience seeing daffodils growing in Alaska, but I wanted to share a beautiful photo of these delightful flowers with you - shades of yellow buttercups that make me smile.

Until next time...Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment